Sunday, August 9, 2009

For the Love of Ribbons

Today after I came home from church I decided to organize my ribbons. I do this about once a year. It is quite a daunting task because I have a few spools...ok I have like 100 spools. Do I have a problem? Some of you are thinking "that is a little obsessive". Some might be thinking "oh how great, I love ribbons too!" I have to agree with both. Yes, I am obsessed with ribbon. Everytime I go to a store where ribbons are sold I walk out with a spool. It's like I can't help it. Especially at Michael's because they have a stand up by the check out counter with spools and spools of ribbon for a dollar. How can I resist that? Anyway, I love ribbon and I love collecting it. There are so many things you can do with it. I put bows and ribbons on so many things. They add personality, color, and texture. Adding ribbon to the edge of a blanket or to the hem of a skirt or a bow on the toe of a shoe can turn simple into sensational! I also encourage you to buy those inexpensive ribbon spools that you find for a buck or two. They are so wonderful for wrapping gifts with. They are cheaper than the plastic bows and ribbons you buy in the gift wrap section and way more elegant. So maybe I have ROD (ribbon obsessive disorder) but I am willing to live with it.

Reds and Pinks

Greens, Blues, and Lavendar

Patterns

1 comment:

  1. posted this once so if it's a dup, just delete it.
    I also have a ribbon fetish. you inherited it. you cannot fight this.
    mine are displayed several ways. tension rods in the small window of my craft room. and, several dowels, standing in a 'hole' on my desk (which is a door on shelves w/o the doorknob). that way I can pull with wild abandon when I wrap. and, my ribbons are always on display, which I love.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...