Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Fall Ya'll

This weekend I met one of my favorite people in the world, Christie (aka my best Girlfren), at Mom and Dad's lake house and we had a blast. We took our kids to the "Coon Hollo Corn Maze" Friday night. The maze is on a farm in Micanopy owned by one of my dearest childhood friends and her family. I have so many fond memories of summer time on her family's farm growing up. Playing in the pastures, feeding the cows, hiking along cow trails, playing in streams. It was so good to see her and her children and to enjoy her farm with Christie and her kids, Hayden and Skylar. "Coon Hollo" had a corn maze, a tractor train, a hayride, cows, bucking barrels, tubs of corn to play in, a fort made of hay, a pumpkin patch and much much more. It was one of the coolest fall outings I've ever had. The only down side to the day was the weather. It was in the 90's! Very depressing Florida fall weather. It was worth all the suffering and sweltering though. Hope ya'll had a fun fall weekend. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww,to be featured in your blog is an honor! I wish I would have thrown down that cup of ice and thrown my sweaty arm around you for the picture! ha ha...it was sweltering! But any time spent with you guys is so special, family of the heart! You really are my family, and the kind of family we SELECT is so special isn't it? So Jax is awaiting....let's be neighbors! Love you and already miss you! -Critty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...