Sunday, July 25, 2010

Photo Album Turned Recipe Book...For 2 Bucks!

I made this little recipe card book this weekend. I think it would make a perfect housewarming gift or a gift for a new bride. It is so simple and quick to make and VERY inexpensive...okay it's down right cheap!
I started out with a plastic photo book that I bought at a craft store for $2. The plastic makes it perfect for a cookbook because you can wipe off any splatters or crumbs that might get on it while cooking. The album I used measures 8"x6". It holds two 4"x6" photos (or in our case recipe cards) on each page. You can also buy 4x6 albums for $1. I have seen them at Walmart, Michael's and the Dollar Tree. They come with tacky pieces of card stock for the front cover, but you can slide it out and replace it with something cute instead :) Here is what mine looked like before:

Here is a view of the inside, with the plastic pockets for pictures or cards.

First, I took the front and back covers out of the sleeves. Next, I made a cooking themed collage using decorative papers and vintage images from my scrapbook supplies. I used a glue stick to attach the collage right on top of the tacky card stock it came with. Then, I cut a piece of coordinating card stock to slide in the back cover. Lastly, I got glued strips of muslin to the inside of the front and back covers so that the book can be tied shut with a bow ( I love bows!)

Now, since you only spent 2 bucks on your gift you can splurge and fill it with these adorable recipe cards from Anthropologie!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend! ~Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...