Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ahoy Matey!

It's that time of year again. Time for Jose' Gaspar to invade Tampa. It's Gasparilla time! Here in Tampa Gasparilla is a big deal. Sort of like our version of Mardi Gras. This weekend is the children's pirate parade and next weekend is the parade for grown-ups. All the houses near the bay adorn their doors with Gasparilla wreathes and Jolly Roger flags. A large pirate ship sails into the bay and fires cannons to start the invasion. Floats carrying pirates drive along Bayshore Boulevard, which lines the bay and beads are tossed to screaming children and adults alike. I can't wait! I'm excited too because the weather here is supposed to be perfect for the event, high in the mid 60's and blue skies. I love this time of year in Florida. Here is my Gasparilla wreath I made this year for our door...
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! ~Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...