Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Spring Day in Mt. Dora, Florida

Last Saturday we headed over to Mt. Dora for the annual antique boat show. My Dad restores vintage fiberglass boats from the 1960's. We go over each year to see his boat(s) on display at the show. It is so much fun being out on a spring day in Florida and enjoying the water and the sunshine. While in Mt. Dora, Mom, Lilly and I had lunch at the "Garden Gate Tea Room". It was recommended by Cassandra of "An Artful Adventure". The atmosphere is beyond words and the tea and food are delicious! I can't wait to go back! Here are some pictures I took of the tea room to share with you... Chicken salad on a bed of fresh greens, surrounded by fresh fruit and topped off with muffins and an edible orchid dusted with powdered sugar. It was almost too beautiful to eat.
btw, Lilly ate the orchid :)
Lilly loved the little muffins dusted in powdered sugar. They served her homemade lemonade in a china teacup. They have an assortment of vintage hats that you can wear while you are sipping your tea. I LOVED this hat on Lilly.

Isn't it dreamy? Hope you are having a dreamy week! ~Molly

2 comments:

  1. So magical & whimsical Girlfriend!! I know you were skreeching out inside when you saw it all....I love how you appreciate the beautiful things life has to offer! Can we have tea there at least once a night in our dreams? I will meet you there! :) Love you! XOX
    ~Gulf Wind

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...